- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon Domo sodium bi-carbonate
- 2 teaspoons Domo baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ teaspoon Domo sugar vanillin
- 1 cup milk
For Fondant Icing:
- 20g powdered gelatin + 50 ml cold water
- 100g fructose + 20 ml water
- 1 tablespoon glycerin
- 900g powdered sugar
- Icing sugar: add equal quantities of sugar and Domo corn flour to a blender and blend for 15 to 20 seconds.
Dissolve gelatin in cold water. Let stand for a few minutes.
Combine fructose with water and heat until it boils, stirring. Let it boil for 30 sec. and remove from heat. Add gelatin and glycerin. Combine.
Add the mixture to half of the powdered sugar, stir with spoon to combine. Gradually add the rest of the powdered sugar. Turn onto working surface and knead until it comes together.
Leave on working surface for 30 minutes so that it cools.
Keep covered in plastic wrap on room temperature.
Shape the icing to a ball shape so that you can roll it out into a circle easier.
Dust the work surface with icing sugar and roll out the ball of icing to a circle.
Lift up the rolled out icing with both hands and place it on the cupcake.
Firm down the top and then the sides to give a smooth surface.
Trim off any excess icing round the base of the cupcake and firm the icing around the cupcake.
The decoration of the cupcake is only limited by your imagination so its quite feasible to decorate the cupcake with different colored icing patterns.