Domo sponge cake
- 240ml of water = 1 cup
- 120ml vegetable oil =1/2 cup
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ¼ tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Domo sugar vanillin
- 1 egg white
- 3 ½ sifted icing sugar: add equal quantities of sugar and Domo corn flour to a blender and blend for 15 to 20 seconds.
- 2 ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 ½ tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoon each chopped raisins, nuts, candied cherries, citron
- Green food colouring
- Decorations such as sprinkles
Cream together butter, salt and Domo sugar vanillin.
Add the unbeaten egg white. Then add the icing sugar alternately with the lemon juice, beating well each time.
Add the grated lemon rind and beat until creamy consistency.
Tint you icing the green colour.
Set aside ½ cup of the icing
Stir in the chopped fruits and nuts, spread the filling in the 2 outer pieces than place remaining center piece on top by adding the plain green icing.
Sprinkle the top with your decorations of choice